Looking for Love…
Penobscot Financial Advisors (PFA) is seeking a qualified individual to join our Team as Portfolio Administrator. You will be responsible for maintenance of the team’s investment models, client portfolios & reporting. Our team will direct much of your work, which includes gathering necessary data for investment research, updating & maintaining model portfolio targets, and rebalancing client portfolios. You will also trade all client accounts as needed for money movement. We need a responsible individual to maintain the firm’s complex Portfolio Accounting System. This includes setting up new accounts, performing audits to ensure data accuracy, generating reports, and problem solving. The role will include extensive coordination internally with the Operations & Investment Committees, as well as externally with the firm’s custodians and software vendors.
Please swipe left if you don’t own these qualities:
- Neat Freak. Your work requires you to be detail-oriented, and organized. You will be trading all client accounts, gathering and organizing research data, ensuring accuracy of our Portfolio Accounting System, and much more. There is no room for a mess in this household.
- Reliable. Impress us with your consistency. This work is very important, and accuracy at all times is key. We expect you to be proactive, not reactive, in performing your daily job functions.
- Nerdy. We can’t help it, geeky is our type. You will have outstanding technical skills, and will be a quick study with new technology. You will be using systems, and working with data, on a consistent basis. You need to be an Excel and Database Management Wizard!
- Endearing. PFA is a team-centric environment, and we rely on your work. Earn our trust with your quality work and charismatic personality.
- Intimate. You will thoroughly learn our technology platforms, and become an expert in maintaining them. You will work with our partners to execute trades as efficiently as possible.
- Multi-Tasker. PFA is a busy place, and we expect you to keep up. You will sometimes be working on several projects and tasks at once. You will be excellent at prioritizing.
- Spontaneous. We welcome your progressive ideas and thought process. Be a contributor, and don’t be afraid to improve our operational efficiency!
- Future focused. PFA doesn’t date bums. Our team is growing, and opportunities will arise. We will provide the tools you need, and success is up to you.
Our DREAM date…
Want to go above and beyond, and rock our world? Here’s how:
- Mind-Reader. Before we have a chance to ask you for updates and progress reports, you are delivering them to us. You understand Portfolio Management and contribute to the process.
- Time-Creator. You find operational efficiencies and procedures to save our team valuable time needed for growth (and vacation).
- Heartthrob. We consistently receive positive feedback from co-workers and partners, and when you are out of the office they cry because they miss you so much.
Nice to Haves…
If you possess the following, you’ve already scored some bonus points:
- Experience working under a Registered Investment Advisor or other Investment Advisory Firm.
- Experience using Morningstar Direct, Black Diamond, and/or Redtail (or other CRM).
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced functions in Excel.
- You’re willing to join the PFA Running Club, and can beat our CEO in a 10K (it’s not that hard).
Oh, so you want to know a little about us first? That’s fair:
Penobscot Financial Advisors is a progressive, Maine-based firm committed to enriching the lives of our stakeholders – that includes our clients and employees. We are a younger firm, with big growth goals on the horizon. We offer you an opportunity to be part of a team, and part of a growing organization. Bring your creativity and energy, this is a firm seeking your involvement and ideas. We are hard-working professionals, but value our quality of life and respect that on all levels of the organization. Enjoyment is one of our core values! We offer competitive compensation, and full benefits. Yeah, we’re pretty awesome.
If this hasn’t scared you off yet, you may be our match! Please send your cover letter and resume to Craig Joncas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE to view the job description.